The Hollywood Dell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hollywood Dell Neighbour Cycle to Walk event

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pearsesfee

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Hollywood Dell Neighbour Cycle to Walk event Empty
PostSubject: Hollywood Dell Neighbour Cycle to Walk event   Hollywood Dell Neighbour Cycle to Walk event Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:03 am

I live with my husband in 2280 Holly Drive in the Dell.

On September 11th I will be taking part in a one day, 100-mile “century” bicycle ride from Los Angeles to San Diego, CA. I've been training all summer for this ride in an effort to raise money for the 15-year-old nephew of a close friend. Joey Abicca suffered a serious spinal cord injury last year, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down.

Joey was a very physically active teenager and an avid surfer who is now on a slow and long road of rehabilitation. He is currently undergoing an intensive course of physical therapy. He is making incredible progress, but his therapy will take years, is expensive and over $100k in costs are not covered by insurance.

His parents, Tony and Renny, are doing everything in their power to help Joey's recovery, but they are forced to look to the continued generosity of others for help. For this reason, over 20 friends and I have decided to saddle-up, solicit sponsorship, and take on the challenge of a one day 100-mile bike ride to help Joey.

It is not often we get a chance to make a difference in one person's life and see the results. If you would like to help my fellow riders and me support Joey, please go to:

DONATION WEBSITE: https://ntaf.ejoinme.org/MyPages/DonationPage/tabid/189085/Default.aspx

Naturally, all donations are 100% tax deductible.

He is such a lovely kid and I really appreciate any support you can give me,

Sinead xxx
Hollywood Dell Neighbour Cycle to Walk event Multimedia
Back to top Go down

Hollywood Dell Neighbour Cycle to Walk event
Page 1 of 1