The Hollywood Dell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Police activity on Rinconia?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hollydell68

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Police activity on Rinconia? Empty
PostSubject: Police activity on Rinconia?   Police activity on Rinconia? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:46 am

Last night around 9:30 there were many police cars, K9 units, and police helicopter around Rinconia/Hargrave.
What is a burglery or ?
Carter
Back to top Go down
BC

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Police activity on Rinconia? Empty
PostSubject: What happened....   Police activity on Rinconia? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:35 pm

Hi Carter,

I'm sure you probably heard everything by now, but just in case you haven't, I'll share what I heard for the benefit of anyone else who might be interested. Of course, what I know is pieced together from other neighbors in the area, and it was a while ago, so a few details might be fuzzy.

On the night in question, a resident on Hargrave returned home and spotted a couple of burglars in his house. I'm told that he went to a neighbor's house and called the police, who responded in force due to the fact that the burglars were still present and reportedly armed in some way. The police established a perimeter to encircle a few blocks around the house... one suspect was caught promptly, but it took a few hours before the other one was apprehended (as you know, the areas between many homes up here are dark, hilly and filled with potential hiding places at night). While the search was in progress, police (understandably) discouraged residents from being outdoors and one homeowner felt that LAPD community relations skills could use some improvement, though IMO (and given the situation) any curtness they got from a cop during the search for the suspects isn't worth complaining about.

Most here were impressed by the police response, especially given the fact that for years now, it seems to be LAPD policy NOT to respond to residential burglar alarm calls at all/in a timely fashion... I suppose the fact that it was a call from a person (and not an automated/possibly false alarm) with the suspects still present explains the show of manpower.

Sorry for not replying sooner... I only just ran across this site/forum yesterday.

PS: regarding the 3 fire trucks on Rinconia last night around 9ish: 1 was reportedly responding to a fire call on Hargrave (none was seen so perhaps a false alarm?) and the other two were responding to a call about an injured baby (rolled off a sofa) on Rinconia... from what I gather the baby turned out to be ok.

Take care.

BC
Back to top Go down

Police activity on Rinconia?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hollywood Dell :: Crime-
Jump to: